There are multiple ways you can use our website – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating an Account, this data is never sold nor distributed to others. Your account information is for our records and emails accounts are used to convey information.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to BCS so whether you are new or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like what you seek.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a BCS Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Google may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Google Account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by our websirte, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Google Account.
- Location information
When you use BCS services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide BCS with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to BCS when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit BCS service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services that may appear on other sites.
- We us Google Analytics products for businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, cookie, Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
- Information we collect when you are signed in to BCS, in addition to information we obtain, may be associated with your Account. When information is associated with your Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
- We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect BCS and our users.
- We may use the name a Business provides for your BCS Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Business Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Google Profile information, such as your name and photo.
- If you have a Business Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and content provided about your business. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Account.